Boa Vista do Acará is a beautiful community hosting a strong Association composed of 30 families of local farmers. The itinerary offers the opportunity to experience a different trip, not only pleasant and playful, but also educational, authentic, responsible and interactive, based on cultural sharing and generating benefits for local communities.
[vsgmap address=”Belém, PA”]
8:00 am: Departure from the hotel for departure at 8:30 am at the port of Praça Princesa Izabel, in Belém, in a regional chartered boat bound for Boa Vista do Acará.
There will be approximately 45 minutes of navigation. During the trip that crosses the Guamá River we learn about the life ways of local people.
- Arrival at the community port and meeting with a representative of the Association of Boa Vista do Acará who will be our guide during the day.
- 30-minute walk to the association’s headquarter, presentation round and a welcome snack prepared by the community members.
- Visit to the plantations of priprioca, an aromatic root used in the production of cosmetics. As the priprioca takes at least eight months to reach the point of harvest, the families support themselves with the cultivation of açaí, cupuaçu, biribá and so many other species, which will be presented during the visit.
- Learning about the artisanal production process of cassava flour, which is the basis of the diet of the Amazonian populations. We will experience everything from the tending of the “roça” (plantation) to the final work at the flour mill.
- Regional lunch in the community and rest time.
- Delicious igarapé bath accompanied by a scent bath.
- Walk back to the port and embark at 3 pm to return to Belém.
- Arrival at Praça Princesa Isabel at 4pm and transfer to the hotel. End of activities.
What is included:
- Ground transportation in Belém in the hotel section or address in the center / port / hotel.
- River transport in a regional chartered vessel (exclusive).
- Food, including 01 snacks and 01 lunch (with non-alcoholic drinks and dessert).
- All community-based ecotourism activities.
- Community escorts during the tour.
- Logistical coordinator and guide of Gabiraba Station.
- Visit fee for the local association.
What is not included:
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Air transport (air tickets).
- Any other service not described in the program above.
The price of R$ 230.00 per person is for a minimum group of 10 people.