The beauties of the Santarém region are known worldwide and Alter do Chão is already an international postcard. However, the communities of the Tapajós National Forest and the Tapajós / Arapiuns Extractive Reserve are a well-kept treasure that only the lucky ones have the opportunity to visit. How about being one of them?
Arrive at the airport in Santarém and transfer to the hotel in Alter do Chão. Accommode yourself at the hotel (in double apartments). Free time to rest and relax.
Day 2: Alter do Chão / Urucureá community / Anã community
Have breakfast. Navigate in a small regional chartered vessel, leaving Alter do Chão for the community of Urucureá, on the Arapiuns River. Lunch (included) will be served on board. See the local handicrafts made in tucumã fiber and visit to the community of Urucureá. From there, we will sail to the community of Anã, with a snack served on board. Accommodation at the community hostel in Anã (in hammocks). Dinner will be served in the community.
Day 3: Anã community / Atodi community
Have breakfast at the community restaurant. Visit the fish breeding and the stingless native bee management project on regional canoes. Have a snack and conversation with community leaders. Lunch (included) will be served on board and then sailing to the Atodi community. Have another snack at the community of Atodi and attend to a presentation of manioc flour production. Dinner is included. Overnight on the boat (in hammocks).
Day 4: Atodi / Santarém community
Have breakfast onboard and go for a walk in the forest on the Castanheiros Trail, with a snack served along the way. Stop at a stream to swim and a final stretch by canoe. Have lunch (included) on board. Navigate back to Santarém and transfer to the hotel. Farewell dinner (included) in Santarém.
Day 5: Santarém / City of origin
Have breakfast and check out of the hotel until 12 on a transfer included to the airport. * End of our services.
- Transportation: airport / hotel / airport land transfer and regional boat chartered between Alter do Chão and communities and back to Santarém.
- Hotel: accommodation in double apartments in Alter do Chão (1 night); in hammocks in the communities (2 nights) and in double apartments in Santarém (1 night).
- Food: according to the schedule (4 breakfasts; 3 lunches; 3 dinners; and snacks). Other food and beverage expenses are not included.
- Ecotourism activities.
- Local drivers and logistics coordination.
- Fees for cooperatives and local associations.
The itinerary does not include:
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Air transport (air tickets).
- Extra activities and tours when the program is free.
- Any other service not described in the program above.
- Light clothes for walking;
- Bathing suit;
- Comfortable sandals;
- Own medication kit;
- Umbrella or raincoat;
- Notebook of notes;
- Photographic camera;
- CDs, books, postcards, photographs or any other item related to the culture of your place of origin.
- The itinerary may change at any time according to climatic conditions or for reasons of force majeure.
- This proposal was designed for a group of at least 10 participants.
- Rules for cancellation and returns according to Normative Resolution No. 161 of August 9, 1985 from Embratur: 90% up to 31 days from the start of the trip; 80% 21 to 30 days from the start of the trip; 0% to 80% less than 20 days from the start of the trip.