The Maumirauá Reserve is the ideal base for getting to know the real Amazon, free of clichés. Led by guides who know the floodplains like no one else, visitors can spot rare animals in lush landscapes. You will bring back home pictures of various endemic animals and the everyday life of local communities. Plus, you’re sure that you will be part of the conservation efforts of one of the most amazing forests on the planet.
One of the main characteristics of the Photographic Expedition is exclusivity: the visitor will have a private boat and an individual guide, trained to accompany and assist photographers, being able to do the tours at special times. With a suggested list of activities – to be performed at the best hours of the day for getting the right light – the program will be designed according to your priorities.
“The forests are in pristine condition and exploring jungle, rivers and ponds will give you the feeling of being back in Eden. As a result, Mamirauá is one of the best places for wildlife.” Moon Travel Guides
For security reasons, we do not host children under 10 years old;
Pets are not allowed access.
Why is this trip at GoLocal?
“The Reserve is known for its abundant wildlife, including the endemic red-faced uacari monkey. As Mamirauá includes many communities, the cooperation and assistance of local residents in the areas of research, ecotourism, maintenance and oversight inspection make this sustainable development reserve a successful case. ”Fodor´s Guide
The photographic expedition includes 4 nights, Monday to Friday, of accommodation in the Uakari lodge, superior category. The itinerary is entirely focused on wildlife photography and the day-to-day itinerary is adapted to environmental conditions and to the preferences of the travelers.
On this journey you will:
Make beautiful evening images – especially in the drought season: the starry sky, the cloud drawings, the dark forest.
Microphotography – with the bark of the trees, the twisted vines, the detail of the insects, the flowers and leaves and cobwebs.
Document the riverside life – flour production, farm work, fishing, children’s play, houses on stilts …
To have an excuse to come back the following year – at a different time, to click on exclusive scenes: in the drought, the impressive concentrations of alligators and herons in flight; in the flood the surreal reflections of the forest in the infinite lakes.
– Make a good shot of the agile red-faced Uacari monkey: the Reserve’s primate symbol is skittish and moves very fast over the trees!
– Be agile enough to click the pirarucu in the air. This 200-foot fish up to 200 kg jumps out of the water to breathe – with a modified swim bladder.
– Dodge the whims of light. Due to the proximity of Ecuador, the sun rises and sets very fast. The animals are almost always in the treetops in the backlight.
– Make the Kapok, the largest tree in the Amazon, fit whole into the photo.
- Checkin Transfer: Tefé Airport or Hotel / Pousada Uacari;
- Check-out transfer: Pousada Uacari / Tefé Airport or hotel
- 4 nights stay at Uakari Lodge
- Differentiated full board, including special trail snacks and one bottle of wine per night;
- Speedboat exclusively for expedition activities
- Conducted by bilingual researchers specializing in photography.
- Mamirauá Reserve activities compatible with the expedition’s objectives.
Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages;
Three weekly flights of approximately 01 hours from Azul Airlines take the visitor to the city of Tefé from Manaus: on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The start and end of the Lodge programs match flight 5244 (one way) and 5245 (return). It is also possible to reach Tefé by boat. Jet boats take about 12 hours from Manaus, while Regional Boats take an average of 48 hours. For information on boat tickets please contact us.
Groups of up to 07 people: 25% of the total amount at the time of booking and 75% in advance of 01 month of the check-in date;
Groups from 08 people: 25% of the total amount for blocking the requested period and 75% remaining 2 months before the check-in date;
Groups from 10 people the 11th is free.
The reservation is confirmed after the payment. In case of cancellation or alteration, the client must communicate in writing (via email).
Cancellation or change of dates will be subject to availability and fees subject to the following conditions:
Advance of more than 31 days of arrival at the lodge: 25% charge or 100% bonus for use on another date within 24 months.
Advance between 11 and 30 days of entry into the hostel: 50% charge or 100% bonus for use on another date within 24 months.
Advance between 01 and 10 days of arrival at the hostel: no refund.
No Show: No refunds.