Day 1: Belém Arrival in Belém.
Transfer from the airport to the hotel in a private vehicle and accommodation in a double apartment. Free time to rest and / or stroll through the center of Belém. * Food not included on this day.
Day 2: Belém
Have breakfast and departure from the hotel at 8:30 am. In the morning, visit the popular “Ver-o-Peso” market, which is a famous postcard of Belém and where a great variety of regional fruits, fish and seafood, meat, handicrafts, spices, medicinal herbs and housewares make this the most popular, interesting and charming market of the Amazon. It is a true contemporary open-air museum. At 12pm, we will have a free lunch break (included). In the afternoon, starting at 3 pm, go for a guided walk through the historic and old part of the capital of Pará, with emphasis on the Feliz Lusitânia complex, where are the Church of Santo Alexandre and the Museum of Sacred Art, the Cathedral of the Cathedral, the Casa das Onze Janelas are located and the Forte do Castelo, the starting point of the foundation of Belém. Following the Praça da República, visit the imposing Theatro da Paz, a theater built in 1878, during the Rubber Cycle, when there was a great economic growth in region. The sunset will be admired from Estação das Docas, a cultural and gastronomic space located in the port area on the banks of Guajará Bay. Return to the hotel at 6:30 pm. Dinner (not included) and free night.
Day 3: Belém / Cotijuba Island / Belém
Have breakfast and departure from the hotel at 7:15 am. Take 1 hour transfer to Icoaraci (by car or van), where boarding to Cotijuba Island takes place (1 hour and 20 minutes navigation). Arrive and get to know the Women’s Movement of the Islands of Belém – MMIB, a local social organization operating for more than 15 years on the islands of Belém. Visit the MMIB headquarters and interact with its activities and residents. Have lunch (included) and go for some resting and leisure time at Praia de Vai Quem Quer, a river beach (but so wide that it looks like the sea). Chat with the amazing women take part in a craft workshop with local seeds and fibers. Have some lunch (included) at Vai Quem Quer Beach and some free time on the beach. At 3:30 pm, return to the island’s port and at 5:00 pm board a regular regional boat to Icoaraci. Arrive in Icoaraci at 6pm and transfer to the hotel in Belém, arriving at 7pm.
Day 4: Belém / Boa Vista do Acará / Belém
Have breakfast and departure from the hotel at 8 am to the port in Belém. Board a regional chartered boat to Boa Vista do Acará (around 50 minutes of navigation). During the trip that crosses the Guamá River, part of the Guajará Bay in Belém, we will talk more about how people live in this region. Houses built on piles guarantee protection against the back and forth of the tide and the boat is the only means of transport. The red sign attached to the mast signals the availability of açaí. This native palm of the Amazon is very easily seen on the river sides. Extractivism is one of the main sources of income for riverside dwellers. Arrive at the community and meet the representative of the Association of Producers of Boa Vista do Acará, our guide throughout the day. Go for a 20-minute walk to the association’s headquarters, where we will have a welcome snack prepared by the community members. From there, we visit the plantation of priprioca, an aromatic root used in the production of cosmetics. The Association markets this root to the cosmetics company Natura. As the priprioca takes at least eight months to reach the point of harvest, the families support themselves with the cultivation of açaí, cupuaçu, biribá and many other species, which you will also know. There will be the opportunity to get to see the entire artisanal production process of cassava flour, the basis of the diet of the Amazonian populations. Have regional lunch (included) in the community and some resting time. In the afternoon, enjoy a delicious igarapé bath accompanied by a scent bath. Walk back to the port and embark at 3:30 pm to return to Belém. Arrive in Belém at 4:30 pm and transfer to the hotel. Free time and dinner (not included).
Day 5: Belém / Ilha do Combu / Belém
Have breakfast at 8:30 am, departure from the hotel to the port in Belém, where we will board a regional chartered boat to Ilha do Combu (20-minute navigation). On the way, we will get to see many riverside communities inhabited by traditional non-indigenous populations, who depend mainly on artisanal fishery and forest management (wood and non-wood products). There are more than 3 million riverside dwellers in the Amazon. Although Combu Island is an Environmental Protection Area (APA), traditional communities are allowed to live there. We will arrive at the island Dona Nena, whose agroforestry area of 14 hectares produces cocoa and Amazonian fruits such as bacuri (Platonia insignis) and cupuaçu (Theobroma grandiflora). After enjoying a traditional coffee with artisanal products, we will walk a small trail getting to know about the local biodiversity, the preservation and the sustainable use of the forest. Dona Nena will show us off her artisanal chocolate / cocoa production, while telling us its story. Visitors will have a chance to help her make chocolate. From there, we will have lunch (included) at a restaurant by the river on Combu Island and time to swim and relax. Return to Belém and arrive at the hotel at 3p.m. Free time and dinner (not included).
Day 6: Belém / Cities of origin
Transfer from the hotel to the airport at 12am and return to the cities of origin.
*end of services*
- Ground transportation in Belém (on the airport / hotel / airport section) and from the hotel to the port during activities scheduled in the itinerary.
- River transport on regional boats, on the Belém / Cotijuba Island / Belém section; and on chartered boats on the Belém / Boa Vista do Acará / Belém and Belém / Ilha do Combu / Belém sections.
- Accommodation: 05 nights in Belém (double room in a hotel in the central area of the city, Hotel Manacá).
- Food: 05 breakfasts (from the 2nd to the 6th); 04 lunches (from the 2nd to the 5th); and 02 snacks (days 3 and 4). Any extra expenses with food is on the visitors.
- Participation in all visits and activities scheduled with local guides and drivers.
- Local logistic coordinator
- Contribution fee for local Associations
- Travel Insurance
- Welcome gift
It does not include:
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Air transport (air tickets).
- Extra activities and tours.
- Any other service not described in the program above.
- Light clothes for walking;
- Bathing suit;
- Comfortable sandals;
- Own medication kit;
- Umbrella or raincoat;
- Notebook of notes;
- Photographic camera;
- CDs, books, postcards, photographs or any other item related to the culture of your place of origin.
- The itinerary may change at any time according to climatic conditions or for reasons of force majeure.
- This proposal was designed for a group of at least 10 participants.
- Rules for cancellation and returns according to Normative Resolution No. 161 of August 9, 1985 from Embratur: 90% up to 31 days from the start of the trip; 80% 21 to 30 days from the start of the trip; 0% to 80% less than 20 days from the start of the trip.